Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pencil Roll

About 3 birhtdays ago...I am about to turn 30...anyway a few birthdays ago I decided that would like a sewing machine as my birthday gift. A sewing machine? How out of left field is that, he though! Yes I really, really, really want one I said. I will use it, like ALL the time. You know to sew things and stuff...Ok so the sewing machine was purchased. I even enrolled in a sewing course. That lasted all of two lessons before we quit. The teacher (if u could call her that) was crap! Truly.

Anyway the sewing machine is packed away somewhere!....

I have however decided that I will try and get a bit more crafty with it, even if it is just to make things for DD. I made something a while back, can't even remember what it was to be honest. But anyway a few days ago I got inspired by a post on a forum I am on making a pencil roll. At first I thought what would we need that for when we can just use a pencil case but then realised it would be cool to just throw it in my bag and take it along somewhere where Miss A could draw/colour....It would have come in very handy this morning, had I put it in my bag.

Anyway he is what we (yes MIL helped - she can't help herself) came up with. Not bad for a first attempt.





No comments:

Post a Comment