Sunday, August 14, 2011

Busy weekend






It was a busy weekend this weekend. Whats new, though? Only difference was that we were hosting a 5th birthday party! (still can't get over having a 5 year old)

So Friday was spent cooking and setting up for the little girls that were to come over for Miss A's pink and purple fairy birthday party. She requested girls only this year and to have some of her kindy friends. Quiet a few ended up saying they couldn't come which was a shame, but a few did come so not all was lost. Prob better with a smaller group too.

My aim for this party was to make a cool cake. I cake I had seen here set the mission. I don't know why, really coz I don't even like/enjoy baking but I was on a mission. Anyway I was pretty damn proud of myself with the final result.

But its not all about me...It was her birthday after all. ;) After fearing we would end up with no one showing up due to all the declines, it turned out really well. She had a really good day with her little friends and they all got on really well and had a great time.






This morning was spend cleaning up from the weekends festivities and then we set out to enjoy the sunshine this afternoon. It was a glorious day here today. Too good to be inside. We packed up a few snacks and grabed some rolls on our way out and set off to check out the whispering wall.

It was lovely and the kids enjoyed being outdoors. Stefan, especially loves being out and about. I think he will be like me in that respect. He is happiest when out and about and distracted. We had a lovely day and Miss A thought the whispering wall was "Amazing".














No comments:

Post a Comment