I just had to note the state in which my daughter wore her shoes. She wore them until they were literally falling apart, only because her dear mother wouldn't replace them with just "ANY" pair.
BAD MOTHER.
Any pair would have been better then having to look like a homeless child while out in public!
We could just call it wearing them for the love...NO?
Anyway....Yes I made her wear them in that state, because I refused to pay good money for crappy looking ones. I searched high and low in the shops, in search of a new pair of sneakers - Do ya think I could find a pair? - hmm NO!
The only ones I could find were with Dora the Explorer plastered all over them. As much as she would love to own a pair of Dora shoes, its just NOT going to happen. I don't "do" licensed clothes/shoes. Actually - I lie. I don't mind buying her licensed stuff as long as its toys and/or clothes she wear at home only. She does have Dora and Elmo pyjamas and some Elmo slippers (that came in the Elmo show bag last year) but that is as far as it goes.
So, if it wasn't licensed stuff it was colourful or light up as you walk kind of crap.
You will just have to keep wearing these I would say to her.
She didn't mind.
I did!
I finally came across two pairs which I loved at Rivers and best of all they were $10 a pair!
BARGAIN
Anyway she doesn't look like a homeless child anymore....Donations still welcome, though. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment