A couple of weeks ago I did some work from home, for work! This meant I got paid in time in lieu, which was greatly appreciated, when I work full time. A day off was just what the doctor ordered. I arranged to have Friday off and make it a long weekend, to back the one I had the previous week for Adelaide Cup Day!
Anyway as I had a day off I thought I would actually spend some quality time with little Miss A and not waste it bumming around the house doing nothing and then regretting I didn't use the day, productively. We arranged to meet another mummy and daughter and go to Miss Polly's picnic in the park. We all had a great time and the girls especially loved the whole thing. There was lots to see and do...Face painting, pony rides, animal petting etc. We left the house before 9am and didnt get back in till 2.30pm. Little Miss then decided to watch a dvd but didnt last long till she was in Zzzzz land! She was so tired! When she woke up from her brief nap (I woke her up, as it was a late nap) we then went to another play date with another little friend. Again she had a great time bouncing on the trampoline, riding the bike, drawing on the blackboard etc. Fun packed day!
Saturday was no different. We had swimming 'school' in the morning then back home to get showered and ready to head out again. This time we headed into the city to catch the last weekend of the Fringe Festival. We headed over to the Amococo dome, which we had been trying to get into for a while. It was great and Im glad we made it as we all had a great time, again, especially little Miss A. Another busy day, saw her fall asleep in the car on the way home. 10mins though is all she needed to recharge those batteries as she was again eager to go. BIL can to pick her up for a sleep over and she was eager to go. She had another late night with them, where they went to watch the sky show (fireworks). She loved it, apparently. We (the old folk) stayed home had dinner and headed out to the beach for a coffee before returning home and me getting into bed by 8:15pm. My 3.5 year old has more of a life then I do. How sad is that?!
This morning V and I headed out to Virginia nursery for some inspiration for our front garden. Didn't really get much inspiration, more confused if anything. Little Miss came home at lunch time and had a nap before we headed out again to visit my sis and for A to have a play with her cousins.
Wow what a weekend! With a few more action packed ones coming up for good, measure! By the time that is all done, it should be time for moving out/in, where the real fun begins. Happy times, happy times!
No comments:
Post a Comment