Friday night Miss A went for a sleep over to her Tia's house. I think she is sick of living with here as much as we are. lol. That and the fact she is always looking for company. She is forever asking us if she can go for a sleep over to her cousins house. So she spent the whole week, asking every single morning if she could go so come Friday I promised I would ring Tia and ask if she was allowed. Of course she was.
So we dropped her off for her sleep over and too the opportunity to have a "date" night. V had got movie tickets from his work as a Christmas present, so we used those. We went and purchased (do you say purchase when you are not actually paying for anything?) our tickets to watch Avatar. We then went off and had dinner before the movie started.
Before I go on I should note: I am not a movie person, by any stretch of the imagination. I think watching a movie is like 2 hours of your life you will never get back. Wasted. Gone. Just like that. V on the other hand LOVES them, a 1/4 of his life would be taken up by watching them.
This movie has had so many raving reviews, its unreal! Everywhere you turn, every man and his dog are talking about the movie. Those that have seen it are raving about what and awesome movie it is and those that haven't are talking about wanting to go see it and how they can't wait.
V and a few others went to watch it last week. At first I thought I would join in but then when I heard it was almost 3 hours long I bailed. You know 3 hours you never get back and all that. They came back ranting and raving about how awesome it was. My sister knows my taste but she commented on how she thought I would like it.
I gave in and said I would give it a go. You know sometimes a "good" movie gets mixed reviews, some say its great others say, not so much! When you hear nothing but good you start wondering....
We watched it in 3D, better experience and that. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised that I actually sat through the whole thing. Better still. I really enjoyed it! It was a great movie! The 3D experience definitely made a difference. At times you really felt past of that world.
I am really glad that I gave it a go and really enjoyed it.
Those are 3 hours of my life I don't mind, not getting back.
No comments:
Post a Comment