I was under not illusions, I knew mine would turn out nothing like the picture but I wanted to try anyway and see how close one in the real world would be able to get it.
It wasn't so bad. He is what happened...
And a very very bad photos (couldn't get a good one, no matter how much I tried) of the final product.
Not too bad for a first attempt and it tasted allot better then I was expecting too. A very nice, refreshing summer dessert.
Some of the things I would do differently next time would be to pour the milk mixture in first then place the cubed jelly in to give them a better placing and more space between the cubes(allowing the milk mixture to come through the colored pieces more). I should have let the milk mixture cool more. I got a tad excited and added it while still a little warm and it made the colours run a bit, giving the finished look a cloudy affect. Should have mixed it a bit too to get rid of the bubbles on top.
Happy with the first effort but next time (prob for my b'day) I want to use the same recipe but make the layered affect one like this.
You and A have done very well with it, especially being your very test run ! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI saw another one where she used clear lemonade jelly mixture with a pkt of 'create a jelly', instead of the condense milk, and it came out more clear, like stained glass jelly ;-)
All the best with the layered one next time! :)
Se continuar assim vais ter uma excelente cozinheira!... :))
ReplyDeleteTem mesmo jeito para a cozinha vais ter sorte :)
Beijinho*