If you ever get a compliment on something you are wearing, do you feel the need to tell em' how much it was and where you got it from? - I do...and I do(tell em')!
I am forever getting compliments on A's outfits and how cute she looks - Thanks! she takes after her mum ;) but seriously every single time I get a complement I can't help my self and the first words out of my mouth are $5 Kmart or $10 Target, usually coz that is where most of her clothes come from. Who said fashion sense and looking good had to cost the earth! I pride myself on my daughter looking good and beautifully dressed and she always does. How do I know? Because it is rare for us to go a day without at least one person commenting on how cute she looks and how cute her clothes are.
I do with my stuff too. I'm a tight ass and only shop for bargains. I would rather quantity over quality (mostly) as it then means i can stay in "fashion" and keep up with the trend. Don't get me wrong though I don't buy total crap I just don't buy brand name etc.
So anyway I have been getting myself quiet a few bargains lately and it seems to be what most people comment on. Did I tell ya I got a pair of jeans for $5?
Anyway I was at the bank today doing works deposits, minding my own business waiting for the bank teller lady to do her thing and as she handed me the deposit book she says "Oh I love you blouse" the first thing that popped into my head was "$13 Target, down from $39" but I thought No, I won't say it. It took all my power to hold back and not say it. I thought no this time I will just say "thank you" and walk away with her thinking its prob some designer blouse. LOL
With that I walked into Target in search of more bargains....I found some....a bra and a costume bracelet!
Anyway today I went off to do works banking
I'm loving your style of posts Cris, always full of humour mixed with everyday life stories ! :))
ReplyDeleteYeah sometimes you got to just take the compliment, say thankyou and leave it at that.
I tend to say too much sometimes too, or play down the compliment.
You sure know how to shop for bargains tho, got to hand that to you !! No wonder you feel very proud of yourself, and want to share it with the rest of the world ! :)
Those $5 jeans were great bargain indeed !!
Jules xoxox