Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She got bitten!

Ouch!

When I went to pick up A from child care today, the sign in book said "please sign incident report :)" (whats the smiley for?). I automatically thought "ugh oh" she has done it again.
When she was in toddler orange room (the one before this one) she bit on two occasions. One was in self defence, as she was corned off and felt invaded and the other one could have been "monkey see - monkey do" (so they tell me). I remember in both those instances, when I picked her up and got told of her behaviour I felt sick to my stomach. Not so much for her but for the poor victims and their parents. What will the parents think? I felt so guilty! For the next few weeks every time I had to pick her up I would walk in, in fear of hearing those works again "she has bitten again". Luckily it only ever hap-pend twice - so far!

So today I read the note and go straight up to the carers and ask "what did she do" only to find out she didn't actually do anything. On this occasion she was the bitee and not the biter. I felt bad/sad for her but having been on both sides of the fence I can say that (for me) it feels worse to be the mother of the biter then the bitee.

Apparently she was standing on the play equipment when another child bit her on her wrist - A fair chomp too! The incident report said an ice pack was applied and lots of cuddles given. I could still see the bit mark when I picked her up. It was pretty red, still tonight.

When I asked her what happened she said "outside, ugh oh, (showing me the arm), cry".
Me -Who did it A?
A - Girl
Me- Are you sure, was it a girl or a boy?
A - No, mummy girl!
Me - OK

No comments:

Post a Comment